Is Fiverr Really Worth Using As A Provider

If you're not familiar with fiverr, it is a freelance site of sorts which gives freelancers, or those looking for small side jobs, a chance to make some quick cash in way of $5 payments.



However, after Fiverr deducts their fees and PayPal takes their cut, it really comes to a little shy of $4, depending on how big the payout from Fiverr is since they hold your funds til you have earned a minimum of $40 (equivalent to 10 completed fiverr jobs).



So, at just $3 and some change, is fiverr really worth the aggravation? Well, quite honestly, no — not if you think in these terms, however, the truth is that it can be very lucrative and not just for the money…



I think you are missing a huge opportunity here if you're put off by the fact that Fiverr, becomes Four and then even 3something'er after you take into account the PayPal fees when withdrawing funds.



If done properly, using fiverr is a great way to start some serious relationships.



When I started using fiverr, I never had any intentions of actually getting paid. My ultimate goal was to perform small tasks for people in hopes of gaining their trust and respect as someone who provides high quality work.



I guess you could say I saw this as more of an opportunity to "prove myself" where I could provide a service they obviously needed or wanted, in hopes of proving myself and my worth to them, and the money being made was kept in my account to use for services I needed done in the future.



So, not only was I building up my portfolio, a list of satisfied customers and a database of testimonials, I was gaining the trust and respect of many people who have now become regular customers of mine (outside of fiverr and at very close to my normal rates) AND, I was able to build up a reserve of funds which I could then use to hire others to do the smaller, tedious tasks I simply don't have the time to do myself or even tasks I simply didn't want to do myself, but that had to get done…



If you think outside the box just a little on this one, fiverr can actually be quite a useful and lucrative resource for you.



PLEASE NOTE: Not EVERY client you perform a task for will want to the retain your regular priced services, after all, they went to upto20.com in the first place to find a cheaper alternative to the higher priced freelancers.



However, even if you are able to earn just 1 or 2 new clientele for your regular priced services, it is well worth it, I assure you…



Plus, you'd be surprised at the number of people who have contacted me through my regular contact address saying something like "Hello, so and so referred me to you because I need some work done similar to what you provided them with" and because they are contacting you outside of fiverr.com, you can usually charge them very close to what you would charge anyone else coming to your site.



Work smarter, not harder use upto20.com as a relationship and trust builder and you could just find fiverr and outsourcing being one of the most valuable assets in your toolbox.

Comments

Popular Posts